Beyond the Barn: Dairy Calf and Heifer Conference
- OSHA regulations are starting to play a much larger role in the dairy industry and a few easy steps can help you make sure your operation is in compliance. Read more information in this edition of Starting Strong.
- The Dairy Calf and Heifer Conference largely focused on six-month-old heifers to springers this year. The Gold Standards II outlines the gold standards for heifers in this age group. Look for next year’s Gold Standards to focus on animal welfare.
- Amy Radunz, University of Wisconsin Extension, shared her thoughts on producing high quality dairy beef animals. Look to future editions of Starting Strong for more details on this topic.
- The conference once again offered a trade show filled with many suppliers to the calf and heifer industry. Everything from equipment, housing, temperature monitoring ear tags, fly control tools, etc. Talk to your Vita Plus or dealer consultant for resources to learn more about these technologies.
- The greatest benefit of the Dairy Calf and Heifer Conference was the opportunity to network with producers and industry members from all edges of the country. As always, it was fun to connect with old friends and meet new ones!
Starting Strong - Calf Care