Quick Tip: Vaccinating in the Summer
- Vaccinate early in the morning when heat stress is lowest.
- Keep vaccines out of direct sunlight.
- Keep vaccines cool by putting them in a frozen cold pack in a pail or insulated lunch box, not in pockets or pickup seats.
- Protect killed vaccines by putting back in the refrigerator; extended exposure to heat will reduce their effectiveness.
- Use modified live vaccines within three to four hours of reconstituting them (most manufacturers recommend one hour) and discard the leftover product.
Starting Strong - Calf Care