Vita Plus Dairy Summit 2015: Stepping Forward
Vita Plus Dairy Summit, held this past December in Baraboo, Wisconsin, brought together more than 450 progressive producers from across the Midwest as well as leaders in dairy research and management.
To see the e-news – or to get a refresher on the presentations you attended – check out the links below. There you will find articles, videos, PowerPoint presentations and more.
Click here to add your email address to our mailing list to receive future Dairy Summit e-news and other free online resources.
- UW-Madison Dairy Farm Tour
- UW-Madison Dairy Farm Transition Program Success
- Painting Party: Portrait of Your Favorite Cow
- Financial Benchmarking Workshop – Agri-Business Consultants, LLC
- Future of Antibiotic Alternatives – Dr. Grady Bishop, Elanco Animal Health
- Get it On! – Keni Thomas, retired Army Ranger and featured speaker
- Manure Management for a Sustainable Groundwater Future: The California Case – Dr. Thomas Harter, University of California-Davis
- Building a Winning Team on Your Dairy – John Schwartz, Schwartz Farms, Inc.
- New Developments in Ovulation Synchronization – Dr. Milo Wiltbank, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Achieving a 30% Pregnancy Rate and 30,000 Pounds of Milk – Brian Schilling, Schilling Dairy, and Jeff Shriver, J-Max Dairy
- The Final Step: Covering Your Silage – Dr. Michelle Windle, Vita Plus
- Drones: Coming to a Farm Near You – Chad Colby, Colby AgTech
- Managing On-Farm Shrink – Dave Jauquet, Jauquet’s Hillview Dairy LLC
- Application of Genomic Selection on Your Dairy – Pat Hoffman, Vita Plus
- New Nutritional Strategies for the Transition Cow – Dr. Heather White, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- What We Have Learned with Activity Monitors – Dr. Glaucio Lopes, SCR Technologies
Business and economics