When raising dairy replacements, Vita Plus believes only the best nutrition and care should be offered to calves. Getting calves started off right with high quality colostrum replacer followed by the highest quality milk replacers and calf starter will jumpstart your calves into the future of your operation.
Vita Plus offers an array of milk replacers made with the finest ingredients, specially formulated to meet calves’ needs following colostrum.
- Talon 25 is a 25/25 milk replacer specially designed as an ideal fit for automated calf feeders, winter and phase feeding. It provides an optimal nutrient profile and additives, resulting in exceptional growth in nursery calves in a variety of situations.
- Calf Glo is a 20/20 all-milk protein, high fat, Insta-Mix® milk replacer. High quality ingredients allow for optimum weight gain and feed efficiency.
- Calf's 1st Choice is a 20/20 all-milk protein, high fat, Insta-Mix® milk replacer. The all-milk formula supplies the right balance of highly digestible amino acids, Organic Selenium and Bio-Mos® for excellent performance. Calf's 1st Choice utilizes gel coat technology and pH modifiers. The lowered pH results in better health and digestion in young calves and the gel coat technology helps coat and soothe the intestinal lining during times of stress.
- Calf Precision is a 24/18 milk replacer designed to promote rapid early growth to help meet the genetic potential of calves, allowing for a seamless weaning and transition. It provides increased nutrients for optimal early growth, improved immune function and health, while supporting starter consumption.
- MomentaCalf is a high protein, lower fat, Insta-Mix® Milk Replacer. Only protein sources and carbohydrates (energy) closely resembling those in whole milk are used in MomentaCalf. MomentaCalf's high protein and lower fat allows us to take full advantage of the calf's genetic potential. Gel Coat technology helps coat and soothe the intestinal lining. The pH modifiers and porcine plasma protein – specially processed for the dairy industry – improves calf performance and provides immunlogical support, especially during times of stress.
- BSF is a novel approach to texturized calf feed. Key attributes are fewer fines, increased starter intake, increased calf growth and easier handling. Key ingredients include whole corn, fortified protein pellets, kibbled corn, cottonseed hull pellets and Vita Soy®.
Vita Plus offers a full line of calf specialty products to help maximize growth and performance.
- Marquee is a calf electrolyte-DFM to reduce the severity and duration of calf scours. Marque has a highly palatable and easy-mixing formula and is sold in individual packets heat-sealed to ensure the correct dose and optimize freshness.
- Calf Magnify is a whole milk additive to increase consistency and performance of calves fed pasteurized milk. Calf Magnify increases protein and milk solids intake and conveniently delivers Bovatec®, ClariFly®, MOS, plasma, vitamins, and organic trace minerals in one easy-to-use product.
- Secure calf colostrum replacer is a complete colostrum replacer that is convenient, safe and effective. Secure supplies a constant amount of readily available globulin protein and essential nutrients to the newborn calf.
- Inner Shield is a highly palatable supplement that helps boost the calf's immune system during times of stress. Inner Shield is easily mixed with replacer or whole milk.
- Calf Energize is a high energy, instant-mixing fat source. Calf Energize increases the total energy of whole milk replacer during periods of cold weather.
- VITALYTE PLUS is an oral electrolyte, energy and vitamin supplement. When mixed with warm water, VITALYTE PLUS is a sweet tasting, highly palatable solution that provides fluids and energy to the calf.
- Calf Med Pak is a medicated product for non-medicated milk replacer, whole (pasteurized) milk, or water. Calf Med Pak-NT aids in the prevention or treatment of bacterial diarrhea (scours).
- Calf Milk Supplement is a concentrated vitamin and mineral supplement for use in pasteurized and whole milk. Calf Milk Supplement is formulated to provide the necessary vitamins and minerals to support the health and growth of young calves.
- elim-A-fly™ Add-Pack can be added to whole milk or milk replacer. The active ingredient, diflubenzuron, interferes with the growth of the fly larvae's exoskeleton, causing the larvae to die before it can become an adult fly. In addition to the elim-A-fly Add Pack, this technology is also available in some medicated milk replacers. Discuss your options with your Vita Plus consultant.
The replacement heifer is a future productive asset from which you should expect to receive a reasonable return on investment. A clear understanding of the costs and returns associated with raising your dairy heifers will assist you in determining whether heifers are being raised for "Fun or Profit".
Setting goals for your heifer program will help manage dollars invested up front, so your investment is more likely to generate future profits. The Next Generation heifer program helps you look objectively at your heifer enterprise. It is important to evaluate a number of factors that have hidden costs associated with inefficient growth rates and/or subsequent reduced milk production. Nutri Spec ration balancing software allows the user to adjust requirements for environmental and management factors to improve the accuracy of predicting and regulating heifer growth and profitability.
Vita Plus offers three standard products to supplement any heifer program.
- Dairy Heifer Base Mix provides all required supplemental minerals and vitamins for optimum growth and reproduction.
- Heifer Propel is a pelleted mineral and vitamin supplement that assures no separation occurs when mixed with texturized grains or in top dress feeding.
- 44% Heifer Hustle is an all natural pelleted protein supplement fortified with minerals and vitamins for diets being fed low protein forages.
In addition, Vita Plus can custom blend supplements to specifically meet the needs of your heifer raising program.
Looking for more information on successful calf and heifer programs? Subscribe to Vita Plus Starting Strong, our bi-monthly calf care e-newsletter. This free resource will be delivered straight to your inbox. Each edition of Starting Strong includes helpful video clips, cutting-edge technical expertise and practical tips from fellow calf raisers. Click here to view the latest edition of Starting Strong and click here to subscribe today.